Monday, June 8, 2015

Candy Bar Cookies (Or a Little Bit of Everything)

 Last week  our family was invited to a graduation party.  I had already decided to give the two brothers cash yet didn't want to just hand them a card with cash in it.  Yes, I could have made a cash wreath or lei and wish I had thought of that sooner but.....I didn't.  Does that ever happen to you?  So little time....
Along with the cash gift, I decided to make them some cookies.  What boy doesn't like cookies?  I haven't encountered one yet!

I had ingredients for chocolate chip cookies but that seemed so everyday and this was a special occasion.  However, I also had some candy bars in the cupboard.  Surely that would be an attention-getter!



As you can see, I had Butterfingers, Hershey Bars and a few mini Kit Kats.  My daughter Ali had the honor of cutting those into small pieces (it's okay, she likes that kind of chore).
I added those, along with semi-sweet chocolate chips, to the Toll House chocolate chip recipe so I had some nice, chunky cookies.


The cookies turned out great, if I do say so myself.  Actually, my son told me they did:).
I placed half a dozen of the cookies in two separate cellophane bags and tied them with gold fabric ribbon--the school colors are blue and gold.

If you want to dress up your chocolate chip cookie recipe, try adding some different chips or candy to it.  Often I add semi-sweet, milk chocolate, butterschotch and white chocolate chips to the cookie recipe!  

Thanks for stopping by again.  Please check out our other posts and follow us on Facebook, Twitter (@2chickandamom), and instagram. 

Blog Party!

http://www.skiptomylou.org/2015/06/08/made-by-you-monday-242/

http://www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips